Ginger is one of the popularly known herbs to maintain digestive health. However, red ginger is one of the particular type to have other less-known health benefits, including improving male vitality. On this week's journal, we will be explaining a number of benefits red ginger may have for your overall health.
- Prevent digestive problems The feeling of warmth after consuming red ginger surely is beneficial to warm up the body, including preventing cold and flu, as well as giving a relief for your digestion. More than that however, red ginger is also known to maintain healthy digestion and prevent digestive diseases through its antibacterial content. Spread of harmful bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteriditis, and Staphylococcus aureus can all be prevented through frequent consumption of red ginger.
- Reduce inflammations Red ginger is also beneficial to reduce pain and inflammation inside the body. Research have shown that red ginger extract can help reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis, like muscle pain. Its effect is allegedly more effective than consuming non-steroidal anti-inflammation drug (NSAID) that is usually used to manage inflammations. Active components that are contained in red ginger, like gingerol, gingerdione, zingeron, and oleoresin may further help inflammations like muscle pain and gout.
- Reduce risk of contracting gout Gout is a condition where uric acid buildup happens in your joints, causing pain and swelling around the area. This condition is more prevalent in older adults, even though younger adults may also be at risk when not prevented from early on. Related to the previous pointer, red ginger may help reduce inflammation in the body, including gout, by clearing uric acid buildup on the joints by promoting a healthier blood flow. Therefore, by consuming red ginger frequently, gout can be prevented and treated naturally.
- Improving male sexual health The usage of red ginger as an aphrodisiac may not be well known. However, research have shown that frequent consumption of the herb may help improve and treat sexual dysfunction in male. Even though the effect may not as prevalent as other aphrodisiac herb, red ginger is able to improve blood flow in the body, that can contribute to improve erections in male. Other than that, antioxidant and androgenic activity found in red ginger can also improve testosterone production, affecting male fertility in a more positive way.
- Improve immunity When consumed frequently, the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant content in red ginger can help reduce bad bacteria inside our body system. This action may help improve overall health and more importantly, help take care of our immune system. Moreover, consuming foods with high antioxidant content can also reduce the potential growth of cancer cells.