Urban dwellers are surely very familiar with hectic lifestyles as it is a common occurence that exist every working day. It's also a no surprise when you feel drained at the end of the day, as it is a result of exhaustion. However, it's completely possible to feel more energized throughout the day and end your daily routine on a higher note. On this week's journal, we will be explaining a number of ways you can do to keep yourself refreshed throughout your daily activities. Read on!
- Rest well throughout the week It's very important to get enough sleep in order to keep good health and well-being. Having a good night's sleep is related to higher energy level throughout the day as well as keeping metabolic and hormonal processes in check. When you don't acquire enough sleep, not only it will mess with your metabolism and disruption of testosterone production, but also your blood sugar levels and finally affecting your energy levels. Therefore, opt for 8 hours of sleep per night in order to restore your fresh state and prevent diseases related to sleep deficiency, such as cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, and diabetes.
- Exercise regularly The importance of exercise in order to jack up your energy level is undeniable. Set aside at least 30 minutes per day to get moving, and opt for outdoor exercises if possible as you may miss getting Vitamin D intake from the sun when exercising indoors. Vitamin D is known to be an energy-boosting vitamin as well as taking care of your immunity level. However, strive to have balance when you are exercising so you don't get too tired. Combined with good nutrition intake from your diet and quality sleep, this 3 elements can surely boost your energy levels to optimal stage.
- Reduce consumption of processed food Consuming the right type of food is also crucial to elevate your energy level. Steer clear of refined carbohydrates, sugar, as well as foods with low fiber and high saturated fat. Instead, opt for whole foods, such as grains, vegetables, fruits, and beans. These complex carbohydrates will be digested in an extensive period of time, keeping you full for longer and releasing energy for your body in a steady supply.
- Rehydrate frequently Dehydration is one of the major culprit for fatigue, headache and inability to focus and concentrate. Therefore, make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day in order to fulfill your daily water intake. You can also drink coconut water, as the natural electrolytes in it can help replenish lost minerals and reenergize your body. Reduce overconsumption of caffeine, as they can dehydrate the body.
- Increase magnesium intake Studies have shown that the body needs magnesium in order to supply enough oxygen during exercise so you don't get tired easily. Therefore, consume your magnesium through nuts like almonds and cashews, spinach, and soybean. You can also take magnesium and calcium supplement if needed.
- Cut back on smoking and alcohol Smoking and alcohol are two major culprits when it comes to draining your energy levels. Smoking is known to decrease lung functions and hinder you from partaking in vigorous activities, such as exercise. While drinking alcohol excessively can also cause negative effects on your body, including adding unnecessary weight from the sugar and carbs it contain.
- Consume natural supplements Supplements made from natural sources are the ones you want to opt for when it comes to boosting your energy levels. Its nutritious and healing properties are able to aid on vitamins and minerals that your body lacked without the unnecessary side effects.
Herbamojo, a brand new herbal supplement from Deltomed, is catering to active male individuals who needs energy boost, the natural way. Made from 7 plant extracts, such as red ginger, ginseng, maca, tribulus, pasak bumi, purwoceng, and cabe jawa, this supplement is made to improve male energy and boost immunity to face your daily routine.